- Professor and Department Head
Department of Counseling and Human Development Services
PUBLIC SERVICE since promotion in 2002
- Co-Chair, Awards Committee, Society of Counseling Psychology (2012-present).
- Member, Awards Committee, Society of Counseling Psychology (2011-2012).
- Chair, Strategic Committee, Association for Assessment in Counseling (AACE), (2011- present).
- Past-President, Association for Assessment in Counseling (AACE), (2006-2007).
- President, Association for Assessment in Counseling (AACE), (2005-2006).
- President-Elect, Association for Assessment in Counseling (AACE), (2004-2005).
- Executive Council, Counseling of Counseling Psychology Training Programs, (2003-2006)
- Treasurer, Counseling of Counseling Psychology Training Programs (2004-2006)
- Program Chair, Midwinter Conference, Council of Counseling Psychology Training Programs, Palm Springs, CA, February 2005.
- Treasurer, Association for Assessment in Counseling (AACE), (2002-2004).
- Chair, Use of Assessment Instruments Committee, Association for Assessment in Counseling (AAC), (2000-2003).
- Designated Mental Health Authority, Sandersville Regional Youth Detention Center, 2005-present
- Placement Committee, Georgia Department of Children and Youth Services
- Treasurer, Division A, Georgia Psychological Association, 1997-98
- Board Member, Athens Regional Detention Center (1995 to 2005)
- Director, Juvenile Counseling and Assessment Program Team, (JCAP Team). A counseling and psychological research, training, and service project operated in conjunction with the Athens-Clarke County Juvenile Court, the Georgia Department of Children and Youth Services, and the University of Georgia College of Education.
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (Clinical Member)
- Association for Assessment in Counseling and Education
- Georgia Psychological Association
- International Association of Addiction and Offender Counselors
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors
- Society of Counseling Psychology
The University of Georgia
- Coordinator, Marriage and Family Certificate Program (2009 – 2012)
- Faculty Member, Marriage and Family Certificate Program (1990 - present)
- University Curriculum General Education Subcommittee, Member (2001-present)
- Search Committee, Assessment Specialist Position, Office of Institutional Effectiveness, 2007 (Chair)
- Graduate Council (2004-2007)
- Graduate Council Program Committee, 2006-2007 (Chair), 2004-2005 (Member)
- General Education Task Force, Member (2004-2005)
- University Curriculum Committee, Member (2001-2003)
- Other Professional Courses Subcommittee, 2001(Chair), 2002
- Humanities and Fine Arts Subcommittee, 2001, 2002 (Chair)
College of Education Activities
- Centennial Planning Committee, Member (2007 – 2009)
- Committee Member, (appointed) Dean Search Committee (2008)
- Research Advisory Committee (2005-2009)
- College Graduate Faculty Appointment and Reappointment Review Committee (2002-2004)
- School/Departmental Activities:
- Chair, Counseling Psychology Search Committee (2005)
- Counseling Psychology
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Addiction and Offender Counseling
- Assessment in Counseling and Education
- JCAP Team
- Ph.D. in Terre Haute, IN, Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, 1989
Indiana State University
- M.A. in Peoria, IL, M.A., Psychology, 1979
- B.S. in Peoria, IL, B.S., Psychology, 1977
American Psychological Association, 2007
Society of Counseling Psychology, 2007
International Association of Addictions and Offender Counselors, 2006
Journal of Addictions and Offender Counseling
I.S.U. School of Graduate Studies Scholarship Committee
Indiana Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Counseling Psychology, Indiana State University, 1988